Clergy payroll

Payroll Services (Clergy Team) pay a stipend to most clergy and licensed layworkers in parochial appointments. We don't employ the clergy, but we are responsible for making statutory deductions in respect of PAYE tax and National Insurance.


The P60s and P11Ds for the year ending 5 April 2021 are available on MyView, labelled 2020. They are only available until November 2021 so please download or print them straight away (to download them you need to print them as a PDF, for more info see the MyView User Guide).  Our Minister of Religion Tax Return page includes answers to common questions about these documents as well as notes and information to help you complete your tax return.  

Eligible Clergy have been contacted to submit their HLC Annual returns for 2021 Via MyView.

If you haven't used the MyView portal to access your pay documents, please take a look at our MyView Page which tells you how to log in.  To access MyView please click here.

To log in, you will need your Unique Reference Number, which is the five-digit number displayed on your pay statement. The instructions on the sign in page will help you to create a new password, or to reset your password if you have logged on before and can't remember it.

Do we have your up to date email address? Log in to your MyView account to check the email address we hold for you. Please see our FAQs for details on how to update your email address.

The 2021 fees table is available here.

If you are new to the payroll, or are rejoining after a gap, then please scroll down to find our New Payee Pack which you need to complete.

Covid-19/Office Update:

Our team continue to work remotely at this time. 

If you need to get in touch or have any pay related queries, please email us on [email protected] as our phone line is very limited. Please bear with us as it may take a little longer than usual for us to respond to your enquiry, but we will be very happy to help.

Finally, a reminder that there is regularly updated guidance for churches and some general information about the developing situation on the Church of England website, which you may find useful: