Sustainability is about the financial, social, organisational and environmental future of your project.
We can help you put the right structures in place so that your activities run for years to come.
Download the toolkit
Are you doing any building work? Make sure to look at the most energy efficient options.
- Re-using materials or equipment
- Using the most nature-friendly products possible
- Buying LED bulbs
- Getting your materials locally
- Hiring local contractors
- Installing an effective heating system
- Using renewable energy sources
Also, don’t forget to:
- Think about the life span of your new facilities
- Aim for the best building performance standards
- Consider the impact the building works are having on the environment
- Take care of the plants and animals in your churchyard
Find out more about making your building sustainable
“In the long-term investing in energy efficiency is likely to save you money.”Crossing the Threshold
It’s not just about the environment
There are other things you need to think about to make sure your project is sustainable.
How are you going to manage the new activities in the long-term? Do you have the right structure in place?
- Having the right mix of people involved in making decisions
- Passing on knowledge in case a key person leaves
- Encouraging people to take on new responsibilities and learn new skills
Whatever you do don’t let your project be dependent on one person who then collapses with exhaustion.
Find out more about organising yourselves