You’ve worked hard to find out what people want. So make sure you tell them about your progress and your activities.
We can help you get your message across.
Who should you tell?
Make a complete list of all the groups of people who have an interest in your project. Include:
- Decision makers
- Advisory groups
- Funders and donors
- The media
- Local groups
- People affected directly by the project
- People who’ve previously been involved with the church
- People who might want to use the building
“Say it five times in five different ways – and people might remember it.”Church Building Projects
How will you tell them?
You can get your message across by:
- Setting up a website
- Sending out newsletters
- Printing leaflets
- Setting up a Facebook page
- Putting updates on noticeboards
- Speaking to the local press
- Organising tours, talks and exhibitions
- Organising events to celebrate important stages in the project
- Getting listed into local directories
- Installing a sign
Look at each stakeholder group and ask yourself:
- What do they need to know?
- How often should you tell them?
- Do you need something from them?
- What is the easiest way to reach them?